As I write this it’s about 8:30am – about an hour and a half before Governor Abercrombie’s State of the State Address. I invite you to join me for a live webstream of it beginning around 9:30 HST (or somewhere around there). I’ll put a link to it here once it starts, and also on the Twitter.
What’s more is that it’s more than a live stream of Old Abers, it’s also a drinking game! I’ll be making up rules and updating this post all the way up until the stream starts (maybe more even as we go along, it depends how bad things get. Oh, and don’t worry, if this turns out halfways decent I’ll post it like normal for download as well. Below you’ll find the drinking game rules! (There’s only a few for now, but check back, there’ll be more)
Governor Abercrombie’s State of the State Address 2012 Drinking game rules (oh yeah, and don’t drink and drive, or drink irresponsibly. I’m not responsible for your idiocy.)
- Take a drink for every lei the Gov has on. Leaf ones count too.
- Throughout, take a drink every time he reminds you that you need to get that Vegas vacation planned on Travelocity.
The Main Event:
- Take a drink for every Hawaiian word Abers says; two for every one he butchers.
- Take a drink every time he mentions his New Day Plan
- Take a drink every time something in his New Day Plan didn’t work out.
- Take a drink if he tries to convince us schools are better off now than one year ago.
- Take a drink every time he mentions some ridiculous type of energy, like windmills. Or anything NOT geothermal for that matter.
- Take a drink if you think he’s standing on a milk crate.
- Take a drink if Lt. Gov Brian Schatz touches his face.
- Take a drink every time Abers takes credit for something he didn’t do
- Take a drink every time Abers doesn’t own up something he did do.
- Take a drink if he’s still gloating about fixing a hot water heater.
- Take a drink if he uses “tackles” and “homelessness” in the same sentence